Casa Museo di Angelo Barabino

Tortona

Casa Museo di Angelo Barabino

Angelo Barabino, the painter from Tortona, had a strong connection with the territory in which his art developed. The relationship based on friendship and esteem with Paolo Barabino, Angelo’s nephew, encouraged the …

View details

Giardini di Villa Genova

San Salvatore Monferrato

Giardini di Villa Genova

The Garden, which covers an area of approximately 10,000 metres, is surrounded by a hawthorn hedge and borders with the Church of Sant'Anna. Inside, it is joined and divided by avenues and paths, winding among rhododendron …

View details

La Casa Gotica o Casa del Tranquillo

Arquata Scrivia

La Casa Gotica o Casa del Tranquillo

La costruzione di questa abitazione risale probabilmente al periodo dell'investitura a feudatario di Opizzino Spinola (1313) che segnò l'inizio di un periodo caratterizzato da una certa vivacità dell'attività …

View details

palazo Magnocavalli

Casale Monferrato

palazo Magnocavalli

Façade: the stone portal may be attributable to Benedetto Alfieri, present in Casale in 1736; the Pelagatta family, marble workers from Viggiù, made the balustrade of the balcony in 1737. Courtyards: The entrance …

View details

Palazzo Anna D'Alençon

Casale Monferrato

Palazzo Anna D'Alençon

Palazzo di Anna d’Alençon which was lived in, at the beginning of the 16th century, by Anne of Alençon. From this same period and on the ground floor is the splendid portico surmounted by a multi-coloured …

View details

Palazzo Callori

Vignale Monferrato

Palazzo Callori

Palazzo Callori is an imposing building designed according to the architectural canons of 18th century patrician residences. The Callori family, who gave their name to the building, was one of the oldest aristocratic families …

View details

Palazzo Cuttica di Cassine

Alessandria

Palazzo Cuttica di Cassine

Seat of the A. Vivaldi Music Academy. Built starting from the late 17th century on the foundations of a preceding palazzo belonging to the family, it is attributed to the master builders Ambrogio and Bernardo Bianchi. In …

View details

Palazzo Ghilini

Alessandria

Palazzo Ghilini

Authentic gem of the Piedmont baroque era, built according to the plan of the architect Benedetto Alfieri from Asti, and commissioned by the Marquis Tommaso Ghilini. Called "Royal city palace", it was confiscated …

View details

palazzo Gozzani Treville

Casale Monferrato

palazzo Gozzani Treville

Palazzo Treville (courtyard) Palazzo Gozzani Treville, better known as the headquarters of the Philharmonic Academy that moved from the nearby Palazzo Pallavicino-Mossi, is one of the finest examples of an 18th century aristocratic …

View details

Palazzo Lignana di Gattinara

Rivalta Bormida

Palazzo Lignana di Gattinara

Palazzo Lignana di Gattinara, in Rivalta Bormida, stands at the end of Contrada Lunga, now Via Giuseppe Baretti. The building, with its sober elegant facade, is a typical example of an aristocratic residence of "Alto …

View details

Palazzo Municipale Gozzani San Giorgio

Casale Monferrato

Palazzo Municipale Gozzani San Giorgio

The Town Hall is to be found in the Palazzo Gozzani di San Giorgio, an extremely elegant building which was rebuilt in the second half of the 1700s in place of a renaissance house, and was designed by Filippo Nicolis de …

View details

Palazzo Sannazzaro Natta e Palazzo Caire di Lauzet

Casale Monferrato

Palazzo Sannazzaro Natta e Palazzo Caire di Lauzet

Palazzo Sannazzaro was built in the early 18th century on a pre-existing medieval building and is considered one of the most beautiful examples of Piedmontese Baroque. Built at the behest of Count Gian Battista Sannazzaro, …

View details

Palazzo Spinola

Rocchetta Ligure

Palazzo Spinola

Rochetta Ligure came about through the behest of Napoleone Spinola, a descendent of a powerful Genoese family who realised the strategic importance of its position. The settlement, in fact, is on the only road which ran …

View details

Palazzo Tornielli

Molare

Palazzo Tornielli

The palazzo rises where the medieval castle once stood. In the early 19th century, Count Celestino Tornielli purchased the area of the castle and had a palazzo built there. The Tornielli family are a noble family who had …

View details