A timeless journey
5 DAYS / 4 NIGHTS
A tour to discover villages characterised by legends, devil's bridges, and some strange curiosities, such as the highest concentration of sundials in Europe. You will go in search of nature's time to discover how to take care of your wellbeing and beauty, also cooking delicious dishes. The e-bike ride included will keep laziness at bay!
• Late morning arrival in Lanzo by own means. • Lunch at leisure.
• Independent visit of Lanzo and Ponte del Diavolo, its key symbol.
• The bridge was built in 1378 to connect the small village with the city of Turin, separated by the River Stura: numerous legends are as- sociated with its construction, including the devil’s foot.
• Visit of the ethnographic museum-work- shop of textile art of Lanzo.
• Dinner in a charming restaurant nearby.
• Overnight accommodation in an elegant 4* villa with rooms and events with a literary theme.
• Breakfast in the villa.
• Day in agritourist refuge, in the upper Tesso valley (1580 m).
• Typical Piedmont lunch with homemade cooking and possibility to participate in the various activities such as milking cows and goats, processing milk, baking bread.
• Dinner at leisure and overnight accommo- dation.
• Breakfast in villa and check-out.
• Morning dedicated to a visit of Ala di Stura, “Village of the Meridians and the Frescoes”, to discover seven itineraries that develop across the various hamlets of the village. Tra- vel through time, to discover age-old feelings at a time when technology did not exist. It is home to one of the biggest concentrations of sundials in Europe, 76, together with frescoes and rock engravings.
• Lunch at leisure.
• Transfer by own means to Val Bormida. Arrival in a Bio Agriturismo, located in Monfer- rato which offers harmony, good cuisine and the outdoor life in close contact with nature in a cosy and comfortable atmosphere. The owner Maria Pia and her husband welcome guests. They will be happy to share their ma- gical place with those in search of a break and discover the beauty offered by the territory, to be able to return to life with a new enthu- siasm and new knowledge of the world.
• Free afternoon to discover the most fa- scinating places of the area. We recommend visiting the Church of Santa Maria del Ca- stello of Cessole actually composed of two churches, one over the other. There is also the Giulio Monteverde gallery of plaster casts in Bistagno, which is fifteen kilometres away. A fascinating museum that preserves original plaster casts of the artist who worked at len- gth in Liguria. His original sculptures can be seen in the monumental cemetery of Staglie- no, we recommend also a visit to the beauti- ful town of Acqui Terme with its thermal fonts (for exemple “La Bollente”, a font of 75° ther- mal water in the historical center of the city). • Dinner at leisure.
• Overnight accommodation.
• Breakfast in agriturismo.
• Day dedicated to herbs to experience all the benefits that come from their use.
• The morning begins with a guided walk to discover the local herbs and flowers. At the end of the route, the owner will leave guests stop-off at a historic herbalist shop where it is possible to find the most varied types of an- cient herbs and natural remedies. The expert and renowned herbalist knew how to give life to an aromatic and beneficial bitter that has become a true elixir made using typical herbs of the Piedmont hills.
• At the end, light wild lunch in agriturismo based on herbs picked during the walk.
• In the afternoon, facial skin care workshop: all the phases of skin care, from cleansing to final moisturisation, based on natural ingre- dients. The workshop is divided into three dif- ferent phases: explanation, preparation and application. At the end of the course, the gue- sts will be given the possibility to take home the mask and facial cream they prepared.
• Dinner at leisure.
• Breakfast in agriturismo.
• Delivery of Lunch Box for a BIO picnic during the e-Bike tour.
• Departure for independent e-Bike trip: Quartino, Borgo Moncalco, Heroic vineyards, Forteto della Luia WWF oasis in which it is possible to admire the concentration and the particular biodiversity of wild or spontaneous orchids present all over Valle Bormida.
• Stop for lunch with picnic basket.
Price per person from:
€ 593,00 (groups of 2 pax)
The price includes:
• 2 overnight stays in twin room with breakfast literary villa***
• 2 overnight stays in twin room with breakfast in agriturismo
• Dinner day 1, including beverages
• Lunch on the second day including beverages • Activities on the farm
• Lesson on herbs
• Light wild lunch (excluding wine)
• Workshop for making creams • ORGANIC picnic
• E-bike rental
No, on request (with supplement)
B2B RATES: AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
Technical organisation and Third-party Liability insurance:
Monferrato Travel by Monferrato to Taste (VAT N°. 03936680044)
Dafne Viaggi (VAT N°. 03463700108)
IC World (VAT N°. 09178850013)
Global Tourist srl (VAT N°. 1363300052)
* Estimates and availability will be verified and confirmed at the moment of the request.