Parrocchia di Santa Maria Assunta
Built between 1490 and 1512, the church of Santa Maria Assunta still has its late-gothic façade, topped with small arches and with a rose window framed with eight rings of brick tiles. The main body of the church and the tower with spire are the result of neo-gothic style renovations carried out in the 19th century.
Inside, apart from the large Via Crucis executed in 1883 and an early work by the Piemontese painter Paolo Gaidano, there is also the Polyptych of St. Rosario by Antonio Oliva dating from the 16th century and made up of 15 panels. In a niche in the choir is a contemporary statue of the Assumed Mary in white marble.
Information and contacts
piazza Cristoforo Colombo - 15043 Fubine Monferrato (AL)
Telephone: +39 (0131) 778.117