Comune Altavilla Monferrato
Built in a strategic position on the valley of the Grana torrent and stop-off point along the ancient Roman road which joined Asti and Casale, "the castrum" of Altavilla is remembered in the papal bull of Eugenio III to the bishop of Asti (1153). The interior of the parish church of San Giulio preserves several works by Moncalvo. The church was consecrated in 1630 and features the Last Supper by Caccia and the Wedding at Cana by Musso.
Information and contacts
viale UnitÃ d'Italia, 17 - 15041 Altavilla Monferrato (AL)
Telephone: +39 (0142) 926.141
Fax: +39 (0142) 936.956