WONDERS BETWEEN PARKS AND CASTLES
5 DAYS / 4 NIGHTS
Between history and fairy tale castles, we offer a tour which will amaze you with adrenaline-packed experiences like the Zip Line or the strong meditative impact of Forest Therapy.
• The journey begins with an emotional adventure: the “Flight of the angel” or “Flight of the Rainbow”, in Frassinetto (valid at weekends from April to October), during which you can enjoy the experience of flying suspended from a metal cable with dedicated pulley and harness. • Lunch at leisure.
• Afternoon dedicated to Forest therapy in the Chy Valley: an immersion in the breath of the wood that faces onto lake Meugliano, mirror of divine dreams and ancient memories.
• Visit to the Guye of Garavot, natural lakes created by the River Chiusella and walk along the strip of land of Africa which reaches Canavese creating the Monti Pelati, the geological and magnetic presence unique in the world..
• To follow, tasting of cheeses at Famiglia Villa, tome cheese refiners, a tradition they continue with passion..
• Dinner at leisure and overnight accommodation in B&B in the zone of Agliè.
• Breakfast in B&B and departure for lake Ceresole
The lake of Ceresole is an artificial lake in the Orco valley in Ceresole Reale. Immersed in nature and accompanied by a breathaking panorama, guests will depart for a hike that will take to the lake. From the Mila refuge, you will travel the south side of the lake, cross the wooded area to the dam. The last part of the route which includes the walk around the lake, takes to an equipped wooded and primarily shaded area, with games for children, picnic area, benches, and small football field.
Lunch at leisure
• In the afternoon, visit to the Castle of Agliè which tells of seven centuries of history and beauty. The history of the Castle of Agliè begins in the Middle Ages, when the first nucleus was built. Its architectural beauties, the original furnishings, the numerous paintings, the frescoes, the archaeological finds, and the magnificent gardens full of century-old trees and greenhouses, are evidence of more than 7 centuries of Italian and European history.
• Dinner at leisure and overnight accommodation in B&B in the area of Agliè.
• Breakfast in B&B and departure from Castellamonte by car for Vallesacra to visit in total freedom: Borgiallo, Colleretto Castenuovo, visit to the Sanctuary of Santa Elisabetta and the Belvedere of Pian del Lupo from where you can admire the entire area of the Canavese.
• Lunch at leisure and departure for one of the oldest and largest castles of Monferrato.
• Visit the magnificent labyrinth of the castle: realised using boxwood hedges, it was designed by the architect Lamberto Cusani in 1930 commissioned by Marquise Matilde Durazzo Pallavicini and is one of the rare, documented examples of a labyrinth within the scope of the historical gardens of Piedmont.
• At the end, guided tour of the historical wine cellars of the castle with tasting of 3 wines. • Dinner at leisure and overnight accommodation at the castle.
• Breakfast in hotel and transfer to Casale Monferrato.
• Walk in the town departing from Piazza Castello and the imposing Castle of the Paleologi, home to the Gonzaga until the second half of the 16th century, and later fortress. Casale is one of the doors of Monferrato, between the Po Plain and the hills of the area which is now a UNESCO heritage site. The Gonzaga made it one of the most prestigious centres of Europe and it can be noted from the visit of the centre, rich in architectural, civilian, and religious treasures
• Lunch at leisure and possibility to purchase the local biscuits, Krumiri.
• Transfer to Giarole, to the Castle of Sannazzaro historical residence of 1200
• Guided tour of the Castle: the oldest wing is the south-east one facing the 14th-century Church of San Giacomo. This part clearly shows the remains of the draw bridge, of a 15th-century mullioned window and a tower with Gothic windows which have been restored. The most important restoration work was conducted in the 1850s with the intervention of artists from Turin. The frescoes of the entrance hall and the dance hall, as well as the decoration of the main bedrooms with wallpaper occurred at this time.
• Dinner at leisure and overnight accommodation at the castle of the previous night.
• Breakfast in hotel and transfer to Lucedio, an enchanting place outside space and time..
The Abbey, founded by the Cistercian monks in 1123 and its geographical position along the Via Francigena, was strategic for its social-economic development, allowing it to become a flourishing centre of political power. A unique place also for rice cultivation, grown here for the first time in Italy..
• Guided tour of the Abbey and tasting lunch with two risottos.
• End of package.
Price per person from:
€ 744,00 (groups of 2 pax)
The price includes:
• 2 overnight stays in double room with breakfast in the area of Aglié
• 2 overnight stays in double room with breakfast in charming Castle in Monferrato • Experience: Flight of the Angel in Frassinetto (ticket for one flight)
• Guide for forest bath at the Lake of Meugliano in Valchiusella
• Visit and tasting at the Famiglia Villa
• Entrance ticket to the castle of Agliè (Castle and gardens)
• Visit to the Labyrinth of the Castle, visit to the wine cellars and tasting of 3 wines
• Guided tour of the Castle of Sannazzaro of Giarole
• Guided tour of Lucedio with tasting lunch of rice produced in the company (two rice dishes, dessert, wine, water, and coffee)
The price does not include:
• Transfers, tourist tax (if any), extras, personal expenses, and anything not listed under The price includes
• Medical/Baggage Insurance
• Cancellation Insurance.
Families, Groups, Individuals
B2B RATES: AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
Technical organisation and Third-party Liability insurance:
Monferrato Travel by Monferrato to Taste (VAT N°. 03936680044)
Dafne Viaggi (VAT N°. 03463700108)
IC World (VAT N°. 09178850013)
Global Tourist srl (VAT N°. 1363300052)
* Estimates and availability will be verified and confirmed at the moment of the request.