Culinary excellence tour: hazelnuts, olives and chocolate
01/03/2021 - 31/12/2021
The tourist proposals of ViA(e) - From #storiesofbeauty to experiences
Via(e) is a way of understanding the discovery of a vast territory, which cannot be enclosed within precise territorial borders. The ancient roman roads become a cue to talk about facts, people and curiosities of those places connected by ancient roads: roads that unite and intertwine in synergies, officially tracked routes and routes travelled by habit, convenience or even because less visible, but, in any case, movements of people, goods and words spoken, often, in different languages.
A “sweet” and “slow” way to tell about places but also tangible tourist packages to experience them in person, through the experiences we can offer thanks to the professionalism of our operators.
The tour starts with two days discovering the eastern part of Liguria, between Chiavari and the Sturla Valley, in search of cultural and culinary traditions that make the territory unique. You will discover the wines produced by the famous Bisson winery, the historical shops that characterise the history-rich centre of Chiavari, the famous "Nocciola Misto Chiavari" and the olive groves overlooking the sea. Before arriving in Piedmont, you stop in a territory that feels both Ligurian and Piedmontese to learn about the most famous outstanding product: chocolate. The trip ends with another hazelnut-related experience, that of Piedmont.
• Arrive in Tigullio and guided tour of Chiavari, with its majestic cathedral and historical shops, rich in aromas and excellent flavours and the narrow streets. The route between the arcades will lead to the discovery of wood artisans, modellers of Chiavari chairs, of bakers who produce farinata (flat chickpea bread), focaccia and vegetable pies, of pastry chefs who work with hazelnuts and chocolate.
• In the morning, transfer to Borgonovo for a day to discover the hazelnuts and oil of the valleys. Visit a hazelnut grove where “Misto Chiavari” hazelnuts are cultivated and an olive grove to admire the olive trees that grow overlooking the sea.
• Tasting of olive and hazelnut products at the Borgnovo Mill.
• Lunch at leisure.
• In the afternoon, appointment in Mezzanego for a visit to the processing factory.
• Dinner at leisure.
• Overnight accommodation in B&B or Agriturismo.
• Breakfast in hotel.
• Day in agriturismo with panoramic view of the Monferrato hills to discover the cultivation and processing of Piedmont hazelnuts.
• After an introduction to hazelnuts begin a journey through the colours of the land with a stroll through the hazelnut grove and visit the processing laboratory. The experience begins putting your abilities to the test: each participant will be given a kit to prepare their own hazelnut cream. The guests will be given the kit to take home and continue the experiments in their own kitchen.
• Lunch in agriturismo.
• Dinner at leisure and overnight accommodation.
• Breakfast and check out.
• In the morning, visit an artisan cured meat factory run by the same family for five generations to admire the production and taste local cured meats of Monferrato and Piedmont, such as the famous Muletta, Slow Food Presidia.
• At the end, self-guided tour of the Shrine of Crea and park of Sacro Monte. The Sacred Mountain of Crea (Serralunga di Crea), with the Sacred Mountains of Piedmont and Lombardy, is a UNESCO world heritage site. It is composed by the Shrine, 23 chapels, 5 hermitages and rises on a site of ancient Marian devotion.
It was built between 1589 and 1612, with a subsequent constructive phase in the early 1920s with the artistic contribution of great masters of sculpture. Tradition has it that Saint Eusebio brought the statue of the Madonna with Child here, which is still venerated. The second chapel, is dedicated to the Saint and it is in front of a imposing wall of stone on which is located a seat called "The healing stone".
• Before heading back, we recommend lunch at the Grignoliteca, a restaurant that offers excellent local cuisine and is located right on the square of the Shrine.
Price "from", per person, minimum 4 pax. The price includes: - 2 nights in twin room in B&B or agriturismo in the Sturla Valley with breakfast - guided tour of Chiavari of 2h30 min and tastings - visit the Bisson winery and basic tasting, wines tasted: White "Tre Vigne" and Ciliegiolo Rubino - Visit to hazelnut grove and olive grove and tasting - 2 nights twin room in a boutique hotel with breakfast - Access to indoor pool and SPA area - Guided tour of Novi Ligure - Visit and tasting in chocolate laboratory - Guided tour of hazelnut laboratory in Piedmont - Course to learn how to make hazelnut spread - Kit for the preparation both on site and at home - Lunch (beverages included) - Visit cured meat factory - Medical and baggage insurance The price does not include: - Transfers not mentioned, any tourist tax, extras and everything not mentioned under "the price includes"
For confidential and B2B rates please contact the operator offering the package directly.
INFO AND BOOKINGS
ViA(E) secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org
A TOUR PACKAGE CREATED IN ASSOCIATION WITH
Stile DiVino Italy Srl – Vat n°. 03612160048
email@example.com - tel: +39 0172 177 3002
Dafne Viaggi – Vat n° 03463700108
firstname.lastname@example.org tel: +39 348 018 2556
Information and contacts