The Province of Alessandria is a multi-faceted cultural area. There is a wide-ranging heritage that embraces art and history with profound substance and deep roots in the people and popular culture which has been often described as a mosaic made up of tiny jewels, beautiful on their own but when viewed together become an unequalled, wonderful and complex representation of this area.
There are five themes in total, each of which is dedicated to a cultural-tourism itinerary around the most important places and sites in the province:
- Archaeology in the Province of Alessandria
- Castles, houses and historic estates in the Province of Alessandria
- Art in the Province of Alessandria
- The Holy Trail in the Province of Alessandria
- History and tradition in the Province of Alessandria